Below is a list of technologies under development at startups identified thus far in December 2016 and included in the Medtech Startups Database:
- Nanoparticle-based imaging for the treatment of epilepsy.
- Implantable device for continuous relief of congestive heart failure.
- Nanofiber technology for soft tissue repair.
- Technology to facilitate intubation.
- Medical device to manage skin complications suffered by ileostomy patients.
- An implant for arthritis sufferers that mimics the natural motions of the joint.
- Embolic protection device used during TAVR procedures.
- Glucose monitor for diabetes using low-power RF/Microwave detection in fingertips.
- Novel disinfection and sterilization solutions.
- Drug delivery.
- Dental and orthopedic applications of nanomaterials.
- Catheter and guidewire technologies.
For a comprehensive list of the technologies at medtech startups identified by month, see link.