Below is a list of the technologies under development at medical technology startups identified in June 2015 and added to the Medtech Startup Database.
- Ophthalmic surgical products
- Devices for graft and other tissue implant delivery.
- Biosynthetic scaffold for the management of chronic and acute wounds.
- Ultrasound-based treatment of stroke to dissolve clots.
- Intraocular drug delivery implant for treatment of intraocular pressure.
- Cellulose film that prevents fibrosis forming at implant sites (e.g., breast implant)
- Spinal implant and robot-assisted training to restore functional motor control in spinal cord injury patients.
- Contact-lens blood glucose monitoring in diabetes.
- Medical adhesives and delivery systems.
- Implant for the treatment of glaucoma.
- Stem cell technology for use in bone, cartilage, skin, muscle, vasculature and the central nervous system.
- Low-intensity ultrasound treatment of melanoma and other cancers.
For a historical listing of medical technologies at startups since 2008, see link.