Below is a list of the technologies under development at medical technology startups identified in April 2015 and added to the Medtech Startup Database.
- Therapeutic drug monitoring device.
- Artificial pancreas for diabetes.
- Automated, 3D ultrasound for breast cancer diagnosis.
- Products for the treatment of facet joint syndrome.
- Fractional laser with applications in aesthetics and gynecology.
- Undisclosed surgical technology.
- Antimicrobial implants and other devices in orthopedics to reduce surgical-site and hospital-acquired infection.
- Developing a portable artificial lung.
- Technologies to reduce infections and improve efficiency of patient ventilation.
- Small molecule drugs for treatment and prevention of atrial fibrillation.
- Vascular access device.
- Stem cell technology.
- Development, marketing, and distribution of medical technology equipment in urology, aesthetics.
- Technology for securing a medical device combined with a hemostasis valve.
- Embolic protection devices.
- Head-mounted neurostimulation system for the treatment of migraine.
For a historical listing of medical technologies at startups since 2008, see link.