Below is a list of the technologies under development at startups identified in March 2015 and included in the Medtech Startups Database.
- Implanted neuromodulation device for the control of blood pressure.
- Less invasive, catheter-based treatment of congestive heart failure caused by ischemic cardiomyopathy.
- Electrophysiology recording systems for the treatment of atrial fibrillation.
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair.
- Orthopedic surgical instruments.
- Smartphone-enabled stethoscope.
- Bioresorbable device for the non-surgical treatment of aneurysms in patients with Kawasaki Disease.
- Cold-based dilatation catheter system for the treatment of various peripheral lesion types.
- Intraoperative surgical image guidance system.
- Surgical device for bone alignment.
- Bone-fixation for orthopedics and tissue allografts for post-surgery wound care.
- Single-use surgical retractors for use during minimally invasive surgery.
- Developing a cell therapy for Type 1 diabetes.
- Optical targeting and visualization of trajectories in surgical procedures.
- Contract medical technology development.
- Device for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.
For a historical listing of technologies at medtech startups, see link.