New medical technologies under development at recently identified startups span ophthalmology, gastroenterology, cardiology, spine surgery, orthopedics, patient monitoring and surgical instrumentation. Below are the technologies at the recently identified medtech startups that have been included in the Medtech Startups Database.
- Intraocular lens for presbyopia.
- Portable, wireless EKG device.
- Tissue engineering in peripheral and central nervous system injury.
- Micro transtympanic drug delivery to the ear.
- Diagnosis of functional GI disorders.
- Spinal implants and instrumentation systems.
- Surgical suction devices.
- Calcium phosphate bioceramic implants for bone defects.
- Intervertebral fusion cage.
- Monitoring of neural activity during sedation.
- Surgical instrument positioning systems for minimally invasive and robotic surgery.
- Critical care monitoring technologies.
For a historical listing of medical technologies under development at startups, see link.