Below is the list of technologies at startups newly identified in April 2014 and included in the Medtech Startups Database:
- Tactile stimulator to work with functional MRI, a dermatome for skin grafts and other technologies.
- Carbon nanotube fiber material to treat ventricular arrhythmia.
- Devices for cardiac and vascular procedures designed for easier use and lower cost.
- Knotless suture technology.
- Radiofrequency ablation probe for the treatment of breast cancer.
- Laparoscopic instruments designed to make surgeries less invasive and produce no scarring.
- Insulin delivery alternative to pens and syringes.
- Wireless maternal-fetal monitor.
- Raman spectroscopy for intraoperative endoscopic diagnosis of cancer.
For a historical listing of startups previously identified, see link.