Below is the list of new medical technologies under development at startups recently identified and included this month in the Medtech Startups Database:
- Cardiac assist device for patients otherwise needing transplant.
- Custom surgical implants including using 3D printing.
- Targeted, localized drug delivery.
- Hemostatic dressing for non-compressible hemorrhage.
- High resolution imaging in cancer
- Image-guided surgery
- Autologous cell therapy delivered at the intraoperative point of care.
- Device to harvest bone grafts
- Device and method for self-collection of samples to screen for HPV, chlamydia, and gonorrhea.
- Implantable neuromodulation device for the treatment of chronic pain and overactive bladder.
- Encapsulated pancreatic cells for treatment of type 1 diabetes.
- Embolization device.
- Deep brain stimulation for Alzheimer’s and other cognitive disorders.
- Magnetoencephalography (MEG) and magnetocardiography (MCG).
- Technologies to manage core temperature in critical care and post-surgical patients
- New method to use pulse wave velocity to measure arterial stiffness as indicator of heart attack risk.
- Minimally invasive hip implants and other orthopedic implants.
- Orthopaedic implants.
For a historical listing of the technologies under development at medtech startups, see link.