Below is a list of technologies under development at companies identified in November 2013 and included in the Medtech Startups Database:
- Vascular drill to cross chronic total obstructions (CTOs) and facilitate balloon angioplasty and stenting.
- Custom orthopedic device manufacturer
- Non-invasive, migraine therapy device
- Ultrasound-based brain noninvasive physiology measurement of cerebral blood flow and intracranial volumetric wave monitoring.
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation
- Device for the management of urinary incontinence.
- Device to alert diabetics of nocturnal hypoglycemia.
- Fusion and non-fusion technologies in spine surgery
- Spine surgical technologies including pedicle screws.
- Neuromodulation for the treatment of a variety of diseases.
- 3D, biomaterial-based scaffold for tissue engineering
- Inflatable retractor for use in laparoscopy.
- ePTFE valve for right ventricular outflow tract reconstruction
- Drug delivery devices
- Hemosstatic technology for moderate to severe bleeding.
- Developing treatments to prevent intimal hyperplasia and associated vascular access failure in renal dialysis.
- Sleep apnea treatment device
- Retinal implants
For a detailed listing of past technologies identified at medtech startups, see link.