Medical technology fundings for June 2013 reached a total of $558 million.
Below are the top fundings for the month.
- Valeritas, Inc. has raised $100 million (insulin delivery device)
- Mevion Medical Systems, Inc., has raised $55 million (proton therapy for cancer)
- Spinal Modulation, Inc., has raised $45 million from St. Jude Medical (intraspinal neuromodulation for the management of pain)
- Baxano Surgical, Inc., has raised $37.29 million (minimally invasive treatments of the lumbar spine)
- Lombard Medical, Inc., has raised $32 million (aortic stent graft)
- Vertos Medical, Inc., has raised $23 million (treatment for lumbar spinal stenosis)
- Vital Therapies, inc., has raised $22.5 million (bioartificial liver)
- Acutus Medical, Inc., has raised $20.6 million (cardiac arrhythmia mapping)
For the complete list of fundings, see link.