The amount of money flowing into medical technology continues to be on an upward path. Fundings in medtech for November hit $624 million, exceeding $600 million for the second month in a row and adding to an overall trend that has been up since at least spring 2009.
Below are the top fundings in November, headed by the enormous $200+ million funding of drug delivery company Intarcia Therapeutics:
- $210 million for Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc.
- $43 million for MAKO Surgical Corp.
- $40 million for Endosense SA
- $40 million for BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc.
- $36 million for TransMedics, Inc.
- $35 million for OptiMedica Corp.
- $33 million for CardiAQ Valve Technologies, Inc.
(For the complete list of fundings for medtech in November, see link.)
The three year trend on fundings is illustrated below:
Source: Compiled by MedMarket Diligence, LLC