Below is a list of the technologies under development by startups recently identified and included in the Medtech Startups Database.
- Regenerative medicine; developing tissue scaffolds.
- Technology to clean laparoscopic lenses.
- Smartphone-enabled otoscope for remote diagnosis of pediatric ear infections.
- Surface modification technologies to treat dental/orthopedic implant failures.
- Electrodes for applying pulsed electric fields to skin lesions
- Minimally invasive, laparoscopic surgery including hysterectomy.
- Device treatments for cerebral aneurysms.
- Infrared technology used adjectively with surgical tools to detect accidental damage to blood vessels.
- Handheld device to provide early detection of amblyopia and strabismus.