Medical technology financing in January 2012 exceeded $400 million.
Top financings for the month included:
- $89 million for ConforMIS, Inc. (patient-specific orthopedic implants)
- $52.7 million for Aria Diagnostics, Inc. (prenatal diagnostic testing)
- $45 million for Mevion Medical Systems (proton beam radiation therapy)
- $34 million for CytoPherx, Inc. (device for anti-inflammatory therapy for acute kidney injury)
- $33 million for Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (drug development including for obesity treatment)
The complete list of medtech financings for the month is shown at link.