Here's a preliminary list of the technologies at companies we have identified this month to date (16 Sept. 2011) and included in the Medtech Startups Database:
- Hydrogel-based tissue expanders.
- Systems to prepare tissue for prosthetic implants and grafts.
- Implants for internal compression or distraction of, for example, bone fractures, fusions, and osteotomies.
- Devices for heart and vascular, initially developing a catheter-delivered heart valve.
- Imaging and microfluidics based system to detect cancer.
- System for detecting pressure-induced ischemia to assist in prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers.
- Fentanyl iontophoretic transdermal drug delivery system.
- Implants and other devices for treatment of injured or damaged shoulders.
MedMarket Diligence offers an online, searchable database of medical technology company startups. Updated regularly with addition of at least 10 new companies per month, the Medtech Startups Database contains contact details, business/product/technology descriptions and other data with records searchable by keyword and categorized by clinical/technology segment. Currently the database contains approximately 1,000 medical technology startup companies spanning medical device, biotech, biomaterials, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals and other medical product companies.
Until September 30, 2011, get any MedMarket Diligence report (any option: single user, site license or global license) for 20% off. Order online (or any "online order" link) and use coupon code 1315780157 on checkout to receive a 20% discount.