With the late month close by AqueSys of a $35 million funding round, total medtech financings from venture capital and other sources have reached a respectable $312 million for the month of June. These include the following significant fundings:
- OptiNose AS, $48.5 million — nasal drug delivery technology
- AqueSys, Inc., $35 million — glaucoma treatment devices
- Baxano, Inc., $30 million — technology for decompression during spine surgery
- Incline Therapeutics, Inc., $22 million — post-surigical, patient controlled analgesia through drug/device system
- Voyage Medical, $20.6 million — RF catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation employing visualization system
- ZELTIQ, $20 million — device to remove fat via cold lypolysis
For a detailed listing of the specific financings, see link.