Below is a list of the new medical technologies under development at startups we identified in May 2014 and added to the Medtech Startups Database.
- Patient positioning system for use in hip replacement and other orthopedic procedures.
- Instrumentation to facilitate hip replacement surgery and other orthopedic instrumentation.
- Drug-coated stent-valve designed to inhibit stenosis, obstruction or calcification of the valve.
- Implants for the treatment of aneurysm.
- Orthopedic implant technologies including a force sensor to measure performance of an orthopedic articular joint.
- Insulin patch pump for treatment of insulin-dependent type 2 diabetes.
- Undisclosed tissue vascular technology
- Rapid, accurate, inexpensive diagnostic devices initially focused on malaria.
- Device for diagnosis and management of diabetic retinopathy.
- Tumor-targeted drug delivery.
- Near infrared technology for blood glucose monitoring in diabetes.
- Non-resorbable films for anti-adhesion.
- Angioplasty double balloon for treatment of peripheral vascular disease.
- Device to reduce the risk of ventilator-associated pneumonia.
- Trocar, sleeve and tip for minimally invasive endoscopic surgery.
For a historical listing of the technologies at medtech startups, see link.