Below is a list of the technologies under development at medtech startups identified in January 2017 (thus far) and included in the Medtech Startups Database.
- Devices and accessories for minimally invasive surgery.
- Undisclosed surgical technology
- Technologies for treatment of spinal and orthopedic deformities.
- 3D visualization and printing for prototyping, surgical planning.
- Point of care, portable breast cancer screening test.
- Devices to enable delivery of autologous tissue at point-of-care.
- Navigation and other technologies to facilitate laparoscopic surgery.
- Tissue-to-bone reattachment systems
- Products for bone, joint, and soft tissue conditions of the foot and ankle.
- Soft tissue marker for ultrasound at surgical sites
- System to locate breast abnormalities during surgical incision.
For a comprehensive listing of the technologies at medtech startups 2016 and earlier, see link.