In our flurry of activity in October, we overlooked summarizing the new medical technologies identified at startups and added to the Medtech Startups Database:
- Neodymium vaginal dilator for treatment of pelvic pain.
- Large bore, power injection vascular access
- Surgical instruments for use in bariatrics.
- Surgical oncology.
- Spine surgical technology including expandable intervertebral cage.
- Technologies to treat hearing loss.
- Device to determine blood vessel size.
- Cerebrospinal fluid shunt.
- Focused ultrasonic surgical devices for hemostasis, cauterization, and ablation.
- Collagen polymers to create 3D tissue systems for drug discovery, engineered tissue/organ, wound management, and 3D bioprinting.
- Regenerative medicine to treat brain injury or damage.
- Neuro-monitoring and neuro-critical care.
- Orthomusculoskeletal implants.
- Devices and methods for hip replacement
- Intraoperative image system.
- Exocentric medical device
- Electro-hydraulic generated shockwave for cosmetic, medical applications.
For a historical listing of technologies at medtech startups, see link.