Below is a list of the technologies under development at medical technology startups identified in July 2015 and added to the Medtech Startup Database.
- Wound drainage devices.
- Robotic technology.
- Neuromodulation devices.
- Device to detect ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke in the pre-hospital environment.
- RF ablation device for treatment of overactive bladder.
- Infusion pump and sensing technologies for pain management during labor.
- Arthroplasty devices.
- Bone regeneration biomaterial.
- Pedicle screws and interbody cages for spine surgery.
- Developing a non-hormonal device to treat vaginal dryness and atrophy, particularly in breast cancer survivors and post-menopausal women.
- Catheter technology for tissue resection in vascular and gastrointestinal endoluminal application
For a historical listing of medical technologies at startups since 2008, see link.