Below is a list of the medical technologies under development at startups identified in December 2014 and January 2015 and included in the Medtech Startups Database:
- Device to enable office-based placement of tympanostomy tubes.
- Surgical wound closure device technology
- Pelvic neuromodulation for urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, chronic pelvic pain, others.
- Device designed to treat blood plasma to improve its ability to remove lipids from atherosclerotic plaque.
- Regenerative medicine
- Patient-specific surgical instruments for treatment of joint injuries.
- Surgical sensors/probes, including gamma probe for use during radiosurgically-guided procedures.
- Biodegradable medical implants.
- Novel device to monitor inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Surgical instrumentation including surgical perforation guide.
- Technology for improved treatment of atrial fibrillation.
For a historical listing of technologies identified at startups, see link.