Below is a list of the technologies under development at medical technology startups recently identified and included in the Medtech Startups Database.
- Prosthetic disc nucleus in spine surgery.
- Device and non-device technologies based on dynamics of blood flow.
- Magnetic and fluorescent technology point-of-care device to detect heart attack.
- Technologies for tissue reconstruction.
- Adult stem cell therapy in orthopedics, aesthetics, and chronic diseases (diabetes, COPD, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke/cerebrovascular disease).
- Vagus nerve stimulation for neuromodulation treatment of various inflammatory autoimmune diseases.
- Surgical devices including for endoscopic access closure.
- Device to measure sympathetic nerve activity and produce ECG.
- Simultaneously track electrical measures that indicate brain, heart, optical and musculoskeletal activity.
- Needle-free pediatric withdrawal of blood.
- Ventilation systems for improved delivery of gas, moisture and nebulized medication.
- Broadly focused medical technology company active in osteoarthritis, cardiovascular, stroke, diabetes, infection control and spine surgery.
For a historical listing of technologies at medtech startups, see link.