Below is a list of the technologies under development at startups recently identified and included in the Medtech Startups Database:
- Ophthalmology prescreening technology for detection of diabetic retinopathy, cataract, glaucoma, cornea problems and refractive errors.
- Tissue engineered scaffolds to generate synthetic tracheas.
- Embolectomy devices
- Resorbable embolization material for use in interventional radiology and drug delivery.
- Tissue attachment technology
- Devices and procedures to improve nasal breathing.
- Devices for minimally invasive, augmentative or reconstructive mastopexy.
- Ocular stent for treating age-based vision changes.
- Ophthalmic device company focusing on age-related macular degeneration (AMD), diabetic retinopathy, retinitis pigmentosa, hemianopia, and glaucoma.
- Neuroscience-based technology (neuromodulation) for enhancing performance on cognitive tasks, for the healthy and impaired.
- Portable, ultrasound-based device non-invasive, transcranial diagnosis of stroke.
- Temporary cardiac pacing as treatment for reversible symptomatic bradycardia.
- Product to improve treatment of kidney stones and product to reduce pneumonia in intubated patient and ventilated patients in the ICU.
- Biometric medical device for orthopedic and other diagnostic applications.
- Technologies for treating urological conditions and disorders.
- Use of biomaterials in aesthetics for non-surgical temporary & permanent breast and buttock enhancement, facial rejuvination solutions and adipose tissue engineering related therapies.
For a historical listing of medtech startup technologies, see link.