Below is a list of the technologies under development by medical technology startups identified in December 2013 and added to the Medtech Startups Database.
- Haptic device used in rehabilitation following stroke or neurological injury.
- Mesh fixation device for soft tissue procedures.
- Bioimplants are made of bioactive plastic with fibres and they can be used in bone tissue engineering.
- Biodegradable sealants and adhesives in surgery.
- Orthopedic implants.
- Developing a device that mimics the actions of gastric bypass surgery for the treatment of obesity and Type 2 diabetes.
For comprehensive listing of technologies under development at medtech startups, see link.