Below is a list of the technologies under development at companies recently identified and included in the Medtech Startups Database:
- Cranial support device to reduce pediatric (infant) pressure ulcers and plagiocephaly.
- Developing a leadless implantable cardioverter defibrillator.
- Device and algorithm to determine the apnea-hypopnea index in diagnosis of sleep apnea.
- Ventricular catheters for CSF shunts and drains.
- Implant remote sensor technology.
- Lumbar interbody spine fusion
- Intramedullary rods and other orthopedic implants.
- Single-use device to prevent postpartum hemorrhage.
- Minimally invasive treatment for mitral regurgitation.
- Laparoscopic suture technology.
- Catheters and stent grafts for percutaneous femoral artery bypass.
- Fracture fixation and other orthopedic devices.
- Low cost kyphoplasty technology.
- Fluorescence-based, non-invasive monitoring of glomerular filtration rate for point-of-care use in nephrology
For a detailed listing of technologies at previously identified medtech startups see link.