Medtech fundings for August 2013 got off to a fast start with the huge ConforMIS funding. Fundings for the month now stand at $462 million. The top fundings are shown below:
- ConforMIS has raised $167.7 million (patient-specific total knee replacement)
- Tengion has raised $74.3 million (tissue regeneration technologies)
- Organovo Holdings has raised $46.6 million (“organ printing” technology)
- SetPoint Medical has raised $31 million (bioelectronics for neuromodulation)
- InfraReDx, Inc., has raised $25 million in a private funding from Nipro Corporation (intravascular imaging)
For the complete list of August 2013 medtech fundings, see link.
[For historic medtech funding data during the 2009-2013 period, see link.]