Fundings for medtech companies in May 2013 came in at $703 million. Top fundings for the month were:
- $175 million for Ophthotech Corp. (treatment for wet AMD)
- $78 million for Tornier, N.V. (joint replacement and soft tissue repair)
- $62.5 million for Proteus Digital Health (wearable and ingestible sensors)
- $54.6 million for Natera (prenatal diagnostics)
- $40.3 million for Rockwell Medical (products for ESRD and chronic kidney disease)
- $38.23 million for Silk Road Medical (endovascular treatment of neurovascular disease)
- $35.17 million for Emisphere Technologies (drug delivery technologies for large molecule oral delivery)
- $24.9 million for Cardio3 BioSciences (regenerative therapies for damaged myocardium)
- $22.24 million (€17 million) for STAT-Diagnostica (rapid, comprehensive diagnostic device)
- $20 million for BPL Medical Technologies (defibrillators other patient management/monitoring)
The complete list of medtech fundings for May 2013 are detailed at link.
See below for the trend in fundings from 2009 through 2013 thus far (with trendline).
Source: Compiled by MedMarket Diligence, LLC (see detail at link)