Medtech financings for March 2013 came in at a total of $561 million, contributing to the trend of increased monthly fundings as well as average deal size.
Top financings for the month include:
- $150 million for Mesoblast Ltd (stem cells for regenerative medicine)
- $48 million for Nevro Corp. (spinal cord stimulation for treatment of pain)
- $43 million for Avedro, Inc. (vision correction technologies)
- $42 million for Alere, Inc. (device-based and other near-patient diagnostics)
- $35 million for OvaScience, Inc. (egg precursor cells for treatment of infertility)
- $33 million for Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., (atherectomy for treatment of peripheral artery disease)
- $25 million for Topera Medical (3D mapping for arrhythmia)
- $22.4 million for Saladax Biomedical (tests to aid in cancer drug dosage)
- $19 million for SynCardia Systems, Inc. (total artificial heart)
- $17.2 million for TranS1, Inc. (devices for treatment of conditions of the lumbar spine)
The complete list of medtech financings for March 2013 is shown at link.