Medical technology investment for the now completed month of July 2012 came in at $339 million.
Key individual investments are shown below:
- $49 million for Histogenics (cell therapy and tissue engineering for tissue repair and regeneration)
- $40 million for Agile Therapeutics (low dose contraceptive patch)
- $34.1 million for Celltex Therapeutics (banking of abdominal-derived stem cells)
- $33 million for Avinger, Inc. (peripheral atherectomy catheters and other products for treatment of peripheral artery disease)
- $20 million for CoDa Therapeutics (products/technologies for wound repair)
- $16.5 million for Obalon Therapeutics (non-surgical, reversible device-based treatment for obesity)
- $14.9 million for CardioSolutions (percutaneous implant for the treatment of mitral regurgitation)
Historic financing in medical technology from 2009 to 2012 is detailed at link.