Money flowing into medical technology companies during the month have totaled $478 million showed a healthy increase over recent months — compare this to $375 million for the full month of May and only $199 million for April.
Top medtech fundings in June 2012 include:
- $65 million for Sientra, Inc. — breast implants for reconstruction and augmentation
- $60 million for TriVascular, Inc. — stent graft for abdominal aortic aneurysms
- $40 million for Astute Medical, Inc. — diagnostic tests for acute conditions using protein biomarkers
- $37.8 million for Arstasis, Inc. — arterial closure for vascular access procedures
- $25 million for Invuity, Inc. — surgical visualization and illumination
- $25 million for Rhythm Pharmaceuticals, Inc. — peptide drugs for treatment of diabetic gastroparesis, diabetes and obesity
- $25 million for Benvenue Medical, Inc. — products for treatment of vertebral compression fractures and other spine conditions
The full list of medtech financings during the month of June is shown at link.