Total medtech financings for medtech reached only $197 million in April 2012, compared to an average of $379 million per month for the first three months in 2012.
The top medtech financings for the month are below:
- $32.7 million – Myoscience, Inc. – Cryotherapy
- $25.0 million – EnteroMedics, Inc. – Neuroblocking devices for the treatment of obesity
- $21.2 million – Silk Road Medical, Inc. – Medical devices for neurovascular conditions
- $17.9 million – Derma Sciences, Inc. – Devices and pharmaceuticals in advanced wound care
- $16.5 million – AlloCure, Inc. – Isolation and expansion of mesenchymal stem cells for treatment of kidney injury
- $16.5 million – Wavetec Vision Systems – Wavefront measurement systems for use in ophthalmology
The complete list of medtech companies receiving financing and/or investment in April 2012 is shown at link.