Total medtech financings for medtech reached only $197 million in April 2012, compared to an average of $379 million per month for the first three months in 2012.
The top medtech financings for the month are below:
- $32.7 million — Myoscience, Inc. — Cryotherapy
- $25.0 million — EnteroMedics, Inc. — Neuroblocking devices for the treatment of obesity
- $21.2 million — Silk Road Medical, Inc. — Medical devices for neurovascular conditions
- $17.9 million — Derma Sciences, Inc. — Devices and pharmaceuticals in advanced wound care
- $16.5 million — AlloCure, Inc. — Isolation and expansion of mesenchymal stem cells for treatment of kidney injury
- $16.5 million — Wavetec Vision Systems — Wavefront measurement systems for use in ophthalmology
The complete list of medtech companies receiving financing and/or investment in April 2012 is shown at link.