The global market for spine surgery technologies has many product areas and most of them are projected to grow at least modestly over the next ten years.
Source: "Worldwide Spine Surgery: Products, Technologies, Markets and Opportunities, 2010-2020." Report #M520. Published by MedMarket Diligence, LLC.
Growth in the utilization of spine surgery technologies will be driven by a number of factors, including:
- The ageing population worldwide
- Increasing incidence of obesity
- A growing middle class in developing countries, with the ability to pay out of pocket for spine surgery
- Improving worldwide economy
- Technological device enhancements, leading to improved surgical results
- Developments in minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) devices driving a strong increase in MISS, with its numerous advantages
- In the US, improvements in reimbursement as clinical trials demonstrate the efficacy of treatments using the devices
- US healthcare reform leading to medical insurance coverage for more people, allowing those suffering from intractable back pain to receive surgical treatment