A small list of new medical technology companies were identified in February 2012. While the number of companies ID'd is down from past months, it is only partially attributable to what one might call a "slowdown" in startup formation. February is often a "slower" month that is eclipsed by December and January activity.
Below is a list of the technologies under development at companies identified and included in MedMarket Diligence's Medtech Startups Database:
- Regenerative bandage for the eye that absorbs, dissolves and rapidly heals wounds.
- undisclosed medical technology (stealth company)
- Cryoablation for chest and airway applications.
- Cervical and lumbar prosthetic disc replacement devices.
- Regenerative medicine based on stromal vascular fraction derived from adult adipose tissue.
Complete details on the companies identified in February 2012, as well as all startup companies identified over the past few years, are available in the Medtech Startups Database.