Below is the list of technologies under development by startups identified and added the Medtech Startups Database during the month of October 2011:
- Kidney stone retention and retrieval devices.
- Developing a novel class of compounds for treatment of cardiovascular diseases and metabolic syndrome by exploiting novel biology, associated with mitochondria biogenesis and stabilization.
- Undisclosed medical technology.
- Minimally invasive spinal implant to stabilize spine and minimize twisting that can cause back pain.
- Stroke detection and other products in neurophysiology assessment.
- Devices to monitor gastrointestinal bleeding and related diseases.
- Antimicrobial materials.
- Drug-eluting implant to reduce risk of lung cancer recurrence.
- Bioabsorbable drug-eluting stent using novel biomaterials, drug and drug delivery technology.
- Orthopedic biologics.
- Bioresorbable scaffold for treating occlusive disease in the superficial femoral artery.
- Patient-controlled device that helps patients recover from knee surgery.
- Device that stimulates production of natural tears for patients with dry eye disesse.
- Left ventricular assist devices.
For a comprehensive list of technologies added to the database, see link.