Below is the list of technologies at companies identified during the month of July 2011 and added to the Medtech Startups Database.
- Hand-held diagnosis of coronary artery disease.
- Low field magnetic stimulation for neuromodulation in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- Thermal based ablation device
- Technologies for interventional endoscopic procedures.
- Stealth medical technology company. Principal has degree in glass science.
- Cold plasma for accelerating wound healing, and other applications.
- Tissue guided surgery in unicompartmental knee arthoplasty
- Minimally invasive surgery of the sinuses via tear duct access.
- Synthetic materials to support tissue regeneration for wound healing, bone regeneration, cartilage repair, stem cell therapy and dermal fillers.
- Surgical technologies, including device for use in bariatrics (malabsorption).
- New dosing technology for insulin in treatment of diabetes.
Updated regularly with addition of 10-20 new companies per month, the Medtech Startups Database currently contains contact details, business/product/technology descriptions and other data with records searchable by keyword and categorized by clinical/technology segment. Currently the database contains approximately 1,000 medical technology startup companies spanning medical device, biotech, biomaterials, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals and other medical product companies.