Financings in medical technology for the month of March 2011 reached almost $300 million, well off the blistering pace of $656 million financings in February, but a solid influx of money to medtech nonetheless.
The top financing for the month are shown below, headed by CardioDx's $57 million funding.
- CardioDx Inc. has raised $57.49 of a planned $78.33 million round of funding (Gene expression test to predict coronary artery disease)
- Tengion, Inc., has raised $31.35 million from Medtronic and other investors (Tissue-engineered organs)
- NovaShunt AG has raised CHF 23.7 million ($25 million) in a Series B financing (Implantable abdominal pump for removal of ascites in liver cirrhosis, certain cancers and congestive heart failure)
- Amedica Corp. has raised $22.125 million of a planned $30 million round of financing (Spine surgery and orthopedic technologies)
- Retinal Implant AG has raised $18 million in a new round of funding (Electronic retinal implant to restore vision)
- Veran Medical Technologies, Inc., has raised $15 million in funding (Minimally invasive technologies for interventional oncology treatment)
The complete list of fundings for March is at link.