(We originally reported total financings of just under $300 million for January, but after we did a bit more digging we found a couple investments that had managed to fly under the radar. The total for January 2011 medtech financings now stands at $305 million.)
Financings in January 2011 pushed over $300 million, about on pace for a typical January.
The top financings are shown below:
- $33M, PneumRx, Inc., has raised $33 million in a new round of funding (device treatment for emphysema, including lung volume reduction device)
- $31M, VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies, Inc., has raised $31 million in a Series E funding (implantable device for treatment of end-stage age-related macular degeneration)
- $25M, Advanced Cell Technology, Inc., has raised $25 million in new funding (cell therapies)
- $25M, Avinger, Inc., has raised $25 million in a second round of funding (catheters for peripheral artery disease)
- $21M, OrthoSensor, Inc., has raised $21 million in Series B financing (orthopedic implants and sensor-assisted surgery systems)
The complete list of January 2011 medtech financings is shown at link.