Venture capital financing of medical technology companies hit a moderate $240 million in March, up from the anemic $169 million in February, but not quite to the blistering new year investment of $514 million in January.
Top financings for the month:
- TransMedics, Inc., $36 million (support system for donor organs)
- JenaValve Technology GmbH, $25.65 million (minimally invasive aortic valve replacement)
- Carticept Medical, Inc., $20 million (synthetic cartilage implant)
- Cheetah Medical, Inc., $20 million (non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring)
- Spinal Restoration, Inc., $20 million (non-surgical system for treatment of chronic back pain)
Month by month financings are detailed at link.