In a sign of an aggressive start to the new year, venture capital investment in medical technology for the month of January has already hit $400 million, a rate of investment substantially over pace of any month during the last year. Several large investments in medtech contribute to this total, but there are also a large number of smaller investments. The range of investments also encompasses a healthy distribution of investments from seed stage and Series A to Series D and later investments, reflecting a good balance of risk-taking at all stages.
Below are the key investments in medtech to date in January:
- Intuity Medical — $64 million
- Circulite — $32.5 million
- Tandem Diabetes — $31 million
- CeQur SA — $30 million
- Proteus Biomedical — $24.5 million
- Microfabrica — $22.5 million
See the complete list of financings to date for January 2010 at link.
Medtech reports 2009/2010:
- Tissue Engineering & Cell Therapy Worldwide Markets, Report #S520
- Wound Management Market Worldwide, Report #S247
- Drug-Eluting, Bare Metal and Other Coronary Stents Market Worldwide, Report #C245
- Surgical Sealants, Glues and Wound Closure Markets Worldwide, Report #S175