Below are the technologies under development at newly identified medical technology startups.
- Disposable microchip for handheld (point-of-care) diagnostics.
- Vascular access device.
- Technologies to treat pulmonary diseases.
- Medical device company focused on metabolic disorders.
- Surgical suture system.
- Biologically-based nanomatrix coating technologies for medical devices.
- Ultrasound tissue ablation technology to non-invasively destroy tumors and other lesions.
- Ultrasound-based brain stimulation device for Parkinson's, Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, tinnitus, obsessive-compulsive disorder, obesity and chronic pain.
See the complete list of technologies at medical technology startups identified in 2009 at link.