Below are the technologies at companies recently added (by month) to the Medtech Startups Database in late 2009:
|MedMarket Diligence Reports|
- Scaffold for regeneration of functional bone tissues
- Autologous, adipose-derived stem cells for treatment of traumatic brain injury and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Device company developing technologies to improve the safety and efficiency of chemotherapy
- Developing stem cell therapies
- Devices to locate and protect nerves during surgery
- Minimally invasive (endoscopic) spine surgery products
- Technologies developed by physicians at a major hospital in a range of areas including imaging, cath lab procedures, fecal incontinence treatment, and others
- Robotic system to assist in guidewire procedures
- Nanoparticles to stimulate axon regeneration in spinal cord injury
- Diagnostic imaging in urology and oncology
- Endoscopic tissue management technology
- Esophageal monitoring device to replace peripheral artery catheter
- Products for treatment of fecal incontinence and GERD
- Surgical instrumentation to reduce trauma of surgery
- Suction device for use in sleep breathing disorders
- Fully absorbable coronary stent
- Drug-eluting balloons
- Medical devices to enable deployment of vascular implants
- Tibial prosthesis
- Tools for performing less invasive orthopedic joint procedures.
- Technologies in in vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Medical device company developing antimicrobial materials for treatment of infections disease.
- Minimally invasive device technologies.
- Extracellular matrices for soft tissue regeneration.
- Portable home hemodialysis.
- Intravenously placed electrodes to stimulate the diaphragm as replacement for traditional mechanical ventilation.
- Photonic based surgical technologies platform.