Medical technology startup companies that we identified during the month of October 2009 are developing the following specific technologies:
- Diagnostic imaging in urology and oncology.
- Endoscopic tissue management technology.
- Esophageal monitoring device to replace peripheral artery catheter.
- Products for treatment of fecal incontinence and GERD.
- Surgical instrumentation to reduce trauma of surgery.
- Suction device for use in sleep breathing disorders.
- Fully absorbable coronary stent.
- Drug-eluting balloons.
Source: Medtech Startups Database