The recent acquisition activity in medical technology might not otherwise stand out but for the fact that there are some big deals and a couple of buyers are repoeat sources of action.
- Abbott Laboratories acquires Solvay Pharmaceuticals for $6.6 billion.
- Covidien acquires Aspect Medical for $210 million.
- Covidien acquires Power Medical Interventions for $65 million.
- Syneron Medical acquires Candela Corp. for $65 million.
- Abbott to acquire Evalve for $410 million.
- Abbott to acquire Visiogen for $400 million
- Natus Medical acquires Alpine Biomed for $43.2 million.