New Medical Technologies at startups (July 2009). New companies in the medical technology industry are pursuing technologies to make existing technologies obsolete, expand existing markets, create new markets and otherwise tap into demand for new solutions in healthcare.
New medical technologies represented in specific companies recently added (July 2009) to the Medtech Startups Database:
- Pedicle screw replacement in spine surgery
- Transcatheter treatment of patent foramen ovale and septal defect.
- Soft tissue fixation technologies to improve the strength and simplicity of the reattachment of soft tissue to bone.
- Interventional devices for treating GI disorders (fistula closure).
- Developing for the delivery of epidural anaesthesia.
- Technology to improve the performance of vascular prostheses; initial application in abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA).
- Minimally invasive implant for the treatment of stress incontinence.
- Novel vena caval filter for preventing pulmonary embolism.
- Spinal tension band for restriction of motion between vertebrae in spine disorders.
- Hydrogels for radiation oncology and cancer surgery indications.
- Undisclosed technology
- Undisclosed cardiac valve technology.
For details on the Medtech Startups Database, see link.
Published! Worldwide Market for Coronary Stents, 2008-2017: "Worldwide Market for Drug-Eluting, Bare and Other Coronary Stents, 2008-2017. Report #C245.
Also from MedMarket Diligence:
- Sealants, Glues, Wound Closure 2009-2013: "Worldwide Surgical Sealants, Glues and Wound Closure Market, 2009-2013." Report #S175.